Monday, February 23, 2009


I thought it was really weird that five past Oscar winners came out and gushed over each of this year's acting nominees. I like the traditional way with one winner from the previous year introducing and presenting the acting award for the opposite sex. Being nominated for an academy award is already a huge honor without the extended on-air love fest, plus the whole thing unnecessarily eats up more time. I mean come on... these actors wouldn't even be in the room if they didn't have SOME talent right? So why the hell do they need more praise heaped on them with millions watching... increadble...


OK, maybe I'll admit that Mickey Rourke needed slap on the back...

but other than that it was too much...


It's also cool to note that a "COMIC BOOK" movie has won a major acting award with Heath's Joker... It makes me wonder about Watchmen and next years Oscars...


-Swinebread

4 comments:

ladybug said...

Actually I loved this years' way of presenting-it seemed alot more personal, and each nominee got some deserved recognition IMO.

Also, I have never cared how long the awards go on, it's SUPPOSED to take a long time and I enjoy watching all the inevitable quirky moments.

The only thing I would change is more time with Hugh...he wasn't on enough!

Dean Wormer said...

Didn't they cut out the little scenes from the actual movies to do those little introductions?

I thought having Cuba Gooding introduce Robert Downey was pretty good.

Best part of the evening for me was Sean Penn slamming Prop 8 supporters in his speech.

Don Snabulus said...

I am bummed that Slumdog Millionaire didn't win every single aware.

(Not really.)

Don Snabulus said...

aware = award (sorry)