Tuesday, March 10, 2009

So Much Booze Even Colonel Tigh Would Love It.

This Friday I'm going to head over to watch the penultimate episode of Battlestar Galactica at Battlestar at the Bagdad. If any of you frakkers are from the Portland/ Metro area I'd love it if you joined me since the wife doesn't get off work early enough.

A word of warning: Portland native Katee "Starbuck" Sackhoff is going to be there so it's going to be even nuttier than usual.


The Bagdad is 21 and over so no Boxeys allowed.

So say we all.

- Dean Wormer

9 comments:

Dr. Zaius said...

Aww... That show is for Mormons.

Dean Wormer said...

Zaius-

That's the original BSG. Them and people looking for some of Adama's benign fascism.

Don Snabulus said...

I wish I could. Got a full weekend though.

Steve said...

i am so jealous

ladybug said...

I'd love too...but got so many things to do...please give a blow by blow report!

Arkonbey said...

Ohhh, BSG. So sad. The pilot and Seaons 1 and 2 were arguably the best Sci-Fi TV ever produced. Then it jumped the shark so hard we'll have to change the phrase to 'went to New Caprica'.

It's not so much that I could care less about the end of BSG, but that I am angry for the wasted potential.

Jeez. I'm a pretty bitter nerd, it seems.

Swinebread said...

arky- I know how you feel...

Dean Wormer said...

don and ladybug- :( but I know how it goes.

arkonbey and swiney- obviously I don't agree that it jumped the shark with new caprica but I get that that story was offputting.

The first part of the second part of season four that's been airing was easily as good as the first season. It dealt with mutiny and brought several character arcs to conclusion.

The series as a whole remains philisophical about the human condition. There is a clear story arc from the start to where we are now and the upcoming conclusion. Having said all that - I'm certainly not envangelizing for this show.

Overdroid said...

You are objectively wrong if you think this show sucks.

end of line.