Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Random Movie Stuff

This stuff has been posted everywhere at this point but I thought I’d jump on the bandwagon.

The New Indy 4 movie poster:

Please don’t let this be like the Star War prequels.


Here's a couple of stills from the Whiteout film.



As I haven’t been paying attention, Will Eisner’s The Spirit is in full production right now. I feel like compete tool for not knowing this. In this pick we see Frank Miller on the set. It’s being shot in the same style as Sin City and 300. More info here (links at the bottom at page)




These comments by Jeffrey Dean Morgan on the set of Watchmen gives this old fanboy even more hope that the film version is in really good hands. Zack Snyder actually carries around a copy of the graphic novel on set all the time.

Reviews for I Am Legend are mostly positive (see here) but it looks like there’s a problem with the end of the film. From what understand they shot multiple endings for the movie. So maybe they never really knew how they wanted to end it. I’ll keep that in mind as I see the film, which unfortunately will not be this weekend.



-Swinebread

8 comments:

Arkonbey said...

"Please don’t let this be like the Star War prequels."


A mantra for geeks everywhere.

You know the prequels have become a sort of a benchmark for anticipation vs. letdown.

Swinebread said...

Oh man, tell me about it. I was so pumped and then about two weeks before Phantom came out I had this premonition that it was gonna’ suck hard... ...that's why I didn't go see it until a couple month after it opened. I still can’t believe there are folks that defend the prequels. In my book, a real Star Wars fan would never like the new films. They’re bad and that’s it.

Dean Wormer said...

Swine,

You free Friday to see I am Legend?

Swinebread said...

No, I'm On-Call this weekend. next weekend yes

ladybug said...

I am a Star Wars prequel virgin.

I've never seen those 3 movies...most likely never will.

I remember Star Wars when it first came out...stunning. I was in Jr. High and had a crush on Luke Skywalker like you wouldn't believe (well, second only to my Ike Eisenmann obsession, but forgive me...)

Overdroid said...

I just read the story, I hope they keep the ending from that. It's kind of the whole point of the story.

Swinebread said...

LB - never watch the prequels you wouldn't want to get a case of prequel gonorrhea.

OD - I was debating about reading it, in the end I decided not to because I know the book is better. I’ll read eventually.

Thomas Fummo said...

I'm not quite sure i want to risk seeing the Indy movie.

Or I am legend. Considering i haven' even seen the first two movies based on the book, The last man on earth and the Omega man.
I am legend is a remake of a remake...

*gets bucket ready for puke*