The holiday cheer is spreading like a virus. As Moody Minstrel has tagged me so I must comply. Here are my answers to a list of 20 questions plus one I added.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Lite Egg nog or Soy Nog, the regular stuff is too sweet and Hot Chocolate you can get anytime
2. Does Santa wrap the presents or just sit them under the tree? What? Santa does not wrap his presents?! I’ve never heard of such a crazy thing.
3. Colored or white lights? Colored lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, nothing against it though.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The first weekend of December.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Turkey or Pie.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I went to my Aunt’s House in Yakima for X-mas one year. That was nice because there was lots of snow and it was fun to be in a completely differently place
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? For some weird reason I always knew about Santa. My older Siblings must have told me when I was very young, as I have no memory ever of not knowing the truth. That’s why other folks’ tragic stories about finding out have always freaked me out.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Sometimes, but usually I wait until X-mas day.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have a lot of old X-mas stuff my family collected over the years but we get a few new pieces every year. Also, because of my SO, the tree has some Japanese items as well. I have also begun to get a few pop culture items of late too (see here)
11. Snow: Love it or hate it? love it.
12. Can you ice skate? No. I never tried.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I sure do, it was a the millennium Falcon from an adult cousin. My parents would never buy me any Star Wars figures for X-mas, but that's all I ever really wanted. I think they must have thought they were stupid or something. So I had to scrape, save and trade to get all the figures I had. But this one year my cousin got me the Falcon and my X-mas prayers were answered.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Teaching my SO, who is unfamiliar with American customs, about the Holidays and her teaching me about Japanese customs.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The stories, it doesn’t’ matter if they’re pop culture favorites, like Rudolf, or family tales. I love ‘em all
17. What is on top of your tree? A small red wreath ornament with a red bird. My SO and I haven’t found a tree topper we really like yet.
18. Which do you like best giving or receiving? Receiving when I was young, giving now that I'm an adult.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Probably Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer, but I like a good parody or humorous X-mas song once in a while.
20. Do you like candy canes? They’re OK, more for decoration.
21. (I’m adding a question) What do you NOT like about the holidays? The huge shopping crowds and fundies who think they know everything about Christmas but really don’t know anything about it at all.
I’m gonna’ Tag
Edit: I found a great Christmas Parody to go along with my tag. You all like the Chipmunks right?