Wednesday, January 30, 2008

"... The Creature Has Made It All the Way To Downtown Los Angeles…”


I just finished up Steve (30 Days of Night) Niles’ Giant Monster. It’s a fun Sci-Fi horror comic with some nice twists on an old genre. It’s well scripted with moments of dark humor. If I didn't know better, I'd say that Giant Monster seems like it was made to interest major film studios. Hmmmmmm… I’m not completely on board with Nat Jones’ art style though, but I like the rendering of the Monster itself so that’s something. Here again, it appears that Boom Studios is ahead of the curve as a slew of American Kaiju films are sure to be green lit following the success of Cloverfield. And to ride that success, Boom is releasing this comic on-line for free (grrrrr). See it here


-Swinebread

2 comments:

Arkonbey said...

That is one sweet cover. Is the interior art good?

Swinebread said...

The cover is great! The art is fine although, it's not really the style I like, but the monster is well done. Check out the link for the interiors