Saturday, July 26, 2008

My New Comics... The Birth of My Son Edition


This week’s best cover is Ambush Bug: Year None #1.


You might come to the conclusion that I’m a hardcore freak. How could I possibly even pick up my comics right after my son was born right? Well, it wasn’t like that… really! My wife demanded salad rolls from one of our favorite Vietnamese restaurants and what ever my wife that just gave birth wants, she gets. This restaurant just happens to be across the street from the comic book store. So I thought, what the hell and swung by to get this week’s small stack. I do wonder though, if this was her unconscious way of allowing me to get my weekly dose of comics? she’s the greatest. Ambush Bug comes out the same week as the birth of my son. It doesn’t get any better than that…

…OK, maybe I am a hardcore freak…

She-Hulk #31, Marvel Comics.

Fall of Cthulhu #14, Boom Studios. Now we know why the Harlot was so pissed off.

Pistolfist #1, Bluewater Comics. Revolutionary War Superheroic action.

Black Summer #6, Avatar. The explosive end.

Ambush Bug: Year None #1, DC Comics. The return of the thought balloon, and other zanyness. I’ve sure got a new appreciation of Buggy’s relationship with his son, Cheeks the Toy Wonder. nyuck, nyuck, nyuck!



-Swinebread

3 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Hey, everyone needs their fix of something. ;-)

Glad that everyone's doing well!

Don Snabulus said...

Better salad rolls and comics than heroine and meth.

Swinebread said...

randal - heh heh, I guess you're right

snab - Hey that's a great way to put it!