Friday, April 18, 2008

My New Comics


This week’s best cover is Army of Darkness #8.


The Brave and the Bold #12, DC Comics. Superman and Ultraman together again.…

Army of Darkness #8, Dynamite Entertainment. I love this title.

Cthulhu Tales #1, Boom Studios. 1st issue of the “new” regular series!

Badger Saves the World #5, IDW. Wow I don’t like the cover this time but the homage to Bruce Lee is cool.

War is Hell: the First Flight of the Phantom Eagle #2, Marvel Comics. The colorist is lost.

Iron Man: Legacy of Doom #1 Marvel Comics. Dr. Doom, Tony Stark and Camelot… what else do you want?

The Infinite Horizon #1, Image. I think this is a little late….

The Lone Ranger #11, Dynamite Entertainment. Now this is how your color somebody with a scratchy style.

Red Sonja #32, Dynamite Entertainment. (hear music) Memories…

Bat Lash #2, DC Comics. Better and sadder than I thought…

Trade Paperbacks:
Red Sonja: Travels Dynamite Entertainment. Reprints the Red Sonja one-shots

The Comic Book Holocaust Oh Man this is some nasty stuff, but its funny if you’re a long time comics reader and find south park funny.

-Swinebread

6 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

The best cover looks like Eddie from the Iron Maiden album covers (thanks Derek Riggs)

Thomas Fummo said...

dude that cover is awesome! I want it as a poster. eeh by gum, I do!

Steve said...

got bat lash in the pile but haven't got around to reading it ywt.

picked up the 2 Tangent trades to read as I am enjoying Tangent Supermans Reign

Dean Wormer said...

Like you I really enjoy AOD and will continue reading but the ending of this current title was a "WTF?" moment.

Essentially the entire story was built as the punchline for a joke. In fact I had to read the last couple pages a few times before I "got" it.

Arkonbey said...

I think that IS Eddie!

Does Bruce C. get royalties for every time his likeness is used? He should.

Swinebread said...

Snab – I’m sure they ripped it off, stealing is the best form of flattery, and of course Eddie’s image was stolen from Deathlok, so it always comes back to comics.

Dr. S – it would make a great poster! I just wish the scene appeared in the story.

Pidomon – I’ve been on the fence about the tangent stuff, are these collection of the original tangent comics from the ‘90s?

Dean – I’ve been reading AoD for a while now and they do this sort of stuff all the time. Plus, a retcon is a pretty standard trope in comics nowadays. I expected something like this to happen. Ash had to win and the timeline had to be fixed…

Arkonby – I think he gets Jack and Shit every time his image is used, and Jack just left town.