Thursday, May 22, 2008

My New Comics


This week’s best cover is Amazing Spiderman #560.


War is Hell: First Flight of the Phantom Eagle #3, Marvel Comics.

Brothers In Arms #1, Dynamite Entertainment. WWII Action.

Star Trek: Assignment Earth #1, IDW. Gary 7 is back.

The End League #3, Dark Horse Comics.

Amazing Spiderman #560, Marvel Comics. I got this for one reason, the cover.

Fall of Cthulhu #12, Boom Studios. Boy, is this late.

Magazine
Alter Ego #76, TwoMorrows Publishing. This issue has been out for awhile but it has a nice interview with Joe Simon.


-Swinebread

5 comments:

Don Snabulus said...

There is nothing hotter than a chick with bright yellow irises. Mmmmm, mustard.

Dean Wormer said...

I thought you were boycotting the Spidey reboot.

WTF?

Swinebread said...

Snab – Jaundice has never been more compelling.


Dean – I bought this issue because I am very taken with the cover. I’m a fan of the pop art movement and Roy Lichtenstein in particular. He really captured something special about modern life and art that still resonates, and as a comic fan how could I not appreciate the sentiment expressed by this cover. I don’t care for what the Marvel has done and is doing to Spidey BUT this image, by itself is very evocative to me personally, so a I made an exception. As a single piece of art the cover is worth a few bucks imo and I like to reward art/artists that I think transcend the genre.

Dr. Zaius said...

Now Roy Lichtenstein is turn over in his grave because of Spiderman. Art imitates art imitating art.

Dean Wormer said...

I'm just teasing you bud. :-)